How To Change QuickBooks License And Product Number
Just how to Change QuickBooks License and Product Number
In QuickBooks, there may be any case when you yourself have to alter your product or service number or License number. So don’t worry about it after all as in the Windows operating system, it is simple to change both what exactly easily. However in the Mac operating system, you are able to only change the License number.
Below you get to discover how you can accomplish it easily. There are different solutions for changing things while using the conditions for different solutions.
For changing the QuickBooks License Number in your Windows Operating system
- Log on to one's body as an administrator
- Then open the QuickBooks Desktop by running it as administrator
- From then on click on the Help menu
- Then further select the option Manage My License
- More further click the Change My License Number
- Now enter the new license number that you have
- Click the Next button and then click the Finish button
- Now the alteration of license number is completed in your software
- Restart the application and go ahead with your work.
For Changing the merchandise Number of QuickBooks
This is often carried out by Windows users only and you will find 2 solutions that may be performed for doing these changes. So, the solutions of windows operating system for changing product code are as follows:-
Solution 1: Edit the qbregisteration.dat File Manually
This is done when you are utilising the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software whenever there are 5 or even more than 5 users into the account. When you yourself have not as much as 5 users then you can choose to reinstall the program in your system as it can be done easily but in a lot more than 5 users it will be time-consuming. So, you should do the alterations in the file manually.
The steps to change it manually are as follows:-
- Firstly, open the file qbregistration.dat using QuickBooks
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop software
- Press the F2 button from the keyboard
- from then on, go through the F3 button from the keyboard
- You have to find the file named qbregistration.dat and then click on the Open File button
- It opens up in the notepad
- Now produce the file’s backup
- The file is certainly not opened by QuickBooks if you can find any issues inside it
- In notepad, you must click the File menu option then select the Save as option
- Select the positioning Desktop and click on the Save button
- Now close this file and after that you need to reopen it through the help Window
- Then close the QuickBooks Desktop software but don’t close the notepad file
- Edit the file qbregistration.dat
- To edit the file, open it in the Notepad
- Then click from the Edit menu from that click on the Replace option
- In this, write the old product number in the field name Find What
- Now enter the brand new one into the Replace with field
- click the button Replace all
- When it is done click on File then click the Save option
- In the end, close the file.
- Now check out the Product Code
- To check the code open the QuickBooks Desktop 2020
- Click the F2 key that is mention in your keyboard
- With this, you receive the information concerning the product
- Now do check the product number and also update the merchandise code
- The product code is updated.
Solution 2: You have to uninstall and then install the QuickBooks again
- Uninstall the program
- Go towards the control board
- Then open the Programs
- From the list choose the software
- Then click on the Uninstall option
- Uninstall it successfully to resolve the difficulty.
- Install the application Again
- First of all of the, get ready for the installation by checking all the stuff
- Run the downloaded QuickBooks.exe file
- Proceed with the instructions displayed to your screen to complete it
- Click on the Next button
- Now provide the Product number as well as the license number
- Then click on the Next button therefore the installation is completed successfully.
- Activate the QuickBooks
- In QuickBooks, click the Help menu option
- Then you have to click on Activate QuickBooks Desktop
- Follow the steps demonstrated to you
- After that, the details is verified
- Click on the Activate button and it is done.
For changing the QuickBooks License Number in Mac Operating System
- Go right to the QuickBooks menu
- Then click the Manage My License option
- Now select Deauthorize this technique
- When pop-up arrives on the screen then find the option Deauthorize and Quit
- Open the QuickBooks again
- Now follow the instructions demonstrated to you for the registration process
- Here you must go into the another or different license number
- It is done successfully and easily.
CommentairesAucun commentaire pour le moment
Suivre le flux RSS des commentaires
Ajouter un commentaire